View the whitespace in an Exchange 2007 databaseJune 19, 2009
Exchange database maintenance without offline defragJune 19, 2009
- Before even thinking about beginning this process MAKE sure to have a backup of your database that you are going to defragment!
- Login as Exchange Administrator.
- Open Exchange management console.
- go to Server Configuration>Mailbox
- Select the server you want to view>expand the storage group that contains your database you want to run maintenance on.
- Highlight the database path and hit cntrl+c this will copy the path for later use
- In the action pane dismount the database
- open command prompt.
- switch to the directory where your database is located C:program filesmicrosoftexchange serverbin
- type isinteg.exe -s <servername> -test allfoldertests – this will display all of the database files
- type the corresponding number to run offline maintenance followed by Y for yes to confirm
- Keep running this utility until all of the errors are cleaned up
- At the command prompt to perform a database level integrity check run the following command – Eseutil /g “database file path”
- Once this is done free of errors defrag the database by running – Eseutil.exe /d “database file path”
- Once step 14 is complete go back into the Exchange Management console to mount the database