If you receive this error – Alert! iDRAC6 not responding. Power required may exceed PSU wattage.
Try these steps to resolve it:
1. Turn off your server and disconnect all power. This step is important as it clears the iDrac memory! Wait a minute or two before reapplying power.
2. Hit Ctrl-E when the iDrac boots.
3. The first option in the menu is “iDRAC6 LAN”. Highlight this option then push the spacebar to select it “on”.
4. Push ESC key save changes and exit.
IF THESE STEPS DO NOT WORK THEN PROCEED BELOW:
1. Download the latest version of Dell Systems Build and Update Utility(this updates the firmware for all the devices in your server) To find the latest version go to Dell.com search drivers and downloads for “Dell Systems Build and Update Utility” then arrange by date to see the latest version. The current search link is – http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cat=sup&cs=19&k=dell+systems+build+and+update+utility&rpp=12&p=1&subcat=dyd&rf=all&nk=f&sort=-date&ira=False&~srd=False&ipsys=False&advsrch=False&~ck=anav
2. This will give you an ISO which you need to burn to DVD.
3. Boot your server to this DVD. This may require changing the boot order in your server.
4. When the DVD boots select “Dell Systems Build and Update Utility”.
5. Select firmware update.